Saturday, April 26, 2008

Official Dismal Swamp Stomp Results

Time - 2:27:25
Overall Place - 819 (of 1129)
331 of 557 females
29 of 37 20-24 yr olds

This race was hard, but I was so proud of myself when I crossed the finish line. Just a few days earlier I was worried about finishing in the 3:30 time limit because my knee was hurting so bad. I did 10 miles the Wednesday before because I needed to know I could do it. It took me 2:45 to walk/run 10 miles. My knee was killing me.

It still hurt very bad at the race, but I ran through it. And I finished and met my goals... it's a pretty awesome feeling. I got a (finisher's) medal too, something I've never gotten before!

They don't give out medals in ballet.

1 comment:

C McQuate said...

"They don't give out medals in ballet"

That is why I quit early. As a 6 year old I was like "WTF, where is my medal?"

Anywhoo, like the new layout! as you can tell I now have internet and am back to using it for procrastination.